Followers

Thursday 9 February 2017

Playing with vellum....

Hello Everyone

Thank you for your visit, if you're able to leave a comment I really appreciate you taking the time.
I had a great week end. On Saturday we went to a surprise 60th birthday party for two of my friends from school days. It was lovely to have a bit of a catch up at a "happy" event, rather than having to meet at funerals, which sadly at our ages appears to be happening far too often these days. Well done to their son and daughter for managing to keep it well and truly under their hats, because their faces when they opened the door and seeing us was an absolute picture!

Today's card is the one I made for our daughter's birthday. She likes "pretty" but doesn't like "frilly/fluffy" stuff. I'd seen Sue Wilson create the background using a Triple Perspectives die and softened it by placing vellum over the top. I followed her tip of keeping the pieces in the card when cutting the second part out. The beauty of these Perspective dies is that it cuts a negative part (as used in this card) and a positive piece. It did take me three attempts because I managed to tear the card when removing the die on one and then managed to stick the vellum on the wrong side on another! Ho hum, after all it's only a piece of card
Ingredients
5x7 card blank
Turquoise card from stash
Printed sentiment
Sue Wilson - Triple Perspectives - Happy Birthday
Sue Wilson - Pierced Flags
Sue Wilson - Dandelion dies
Spellbinders - 5x7 rectangle dies 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card for your daughter she will love it. My daughter doesn't like fussy either. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your persistence paid off Karen as you've made a very beautiful card. The vellum works so well and I'm sure your daughter will love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen
    I'm behind again and you have been a busy girl.
    Fantastic card for Charlotte. Hope she had a lovely birthday.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete