Followers

Saturday 25 February 2017

My Oldie for Saturday

Hello All
I hope you weren't troubled by storm Doris too much. We were exceptionally lucky. As I was on my own it did feel pretty scary listening to the wind howling away and I could hear a few recycling bins crashing down the street. We didn't suffer any injuries or damage though
My cold/infection is still making me feel washed out but I think I have turned a corner and am on the mend
I have chosen to show this card today as I have used this image a lot for both friends my age and my daughter's friends. I always try and make a different version for each card I make (which can prove difficult at times) but this was one of my favourite layouts. The image comes from a free Serif digikit. So I can change the size of it to suit the particular layout
I think I may need to root the image out again and "play" with it - maybe remove the beret and just have the eyelashes and lips - change the colour of the lips and make it more gothic like - decoupage it -  change the colour of the beret - cut out eyelashes and add.... What do you think
I hope you have a great week end. I am hoping to be well enough to go to a Salsa venue on Sunday afternoon, where we chat more than dance and have a catch-up. It's not always easy to talk at night time venues because the music is played at a much louder volume!
Ingredients
Card blank made with Sue Wilson Noble Pierced Squares
Turquoise/green card created with Serif to match colour of beret
Image from a fee Serif digikit
Sue Wilson Open Daisies dies
button from stash 


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend Karen. I love this oldie card. Great colours and fabulous image. I love the design too and oh how I wish I could do all that clever computer stuff! Enjoy your weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looks pretty good Karen, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    what a brilliant Oldie and such a super image too.
    Love the colours too.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Glad you're feeling better.
    Another great personalised card, fab for the girlies.
    Hope you get to your salsa tomorrow.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen this is a stunning card. I hope you get to enjoy your night out. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete