Followers

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Second Christmas card of 2015

Hello Everyone. 
Thank you for coming to visit and I know I always say it, but it makes me smile that you take the time to pop in and leave comments . So welcome to BARB and to JACKIESJEWELS too.
Halloween was great fun, we danced and danced until 2am. The journey home was horrendous though - pea soup fog! I have added a couple of photos at the bottom of both of us and of our daughter. She was our chauffeur for the night, so hats off to her for doing a stupendous job in that awful fog. OH and I won the prizes for best dressed male and best dressed female! That was an honour and a surprise.
Today's card(s) is my second attempt at this year's Christmas cards. I don't sell my cards as such but make my own and as I don't buy them I donate what I would have spent to my favourite charity. These will be hand delivered to special members of the family. I very rarely make the same card twice, but will make variations of a design I like. I recently treated myself to Sue Wilson's Poinsettia dies and I AM IN LOVE with them. Sorry it's a bit photo heavy. I was thrilled to bits with the results of my makes AND  I don't do stamping, I'm loving these Poinsettia stamps though. I've entered this into the unicornchallenge blog - Christmas is coming  
Poinsettia made with a serviette backed onto card and gold micro beads on Pinflair glue gel. Britannia sentiment die and SW Maidenhair Fern die. EF is SW's Snowflake lattice 

Work in progress Vellum Poinsettia and CS pearl glue Olympic Gold, Serif background 

Vellum, clear micro beads and CE Foundation card stock - coconut white

Close ups of the Poinsettia



And the boxes, both made with a Hougie board/patricia's instructions

And Finally!
Daughter as a scary clown

Husband and me!




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards & brilliant Halloween photos!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen your cards are gorgeous. I love the costumes no wonder you won. It looks like you had a fantastic evening. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen,
    What beautiful cards. Your daughter is gorgeous and I'm glad you re-attached your heads!!!! Did you make the outfits?
    Maureen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cards are so gorgeous, love those poinsettias. Great pics too, they are some outfits xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Karen no wonder you and your husband won the prize! Just love the cards you have made particularly the vellum. I wish I had bought the lattice snowflake folder it looks wonderful. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you can make the same elements look so different, lovely elegant cards! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen I love your fancy dress costumes, no wonder you won, you both look fab.
    Your daughter looks pretty scary as a clown. I am to this day scared by the film "IT" so have no love of clowns. Brr! Scary.
    As for all your poinsettia cards, love them, they're all brilliant. I have a soft spot for poinsettias. I can't pick out a favourite as they're all so wonderful.

    Hope you are having a good week?
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    ooooooooooooooooooo! no wonder you won best dressed female, and male you both look great, and your daughter's make up is amazing.
    Wonderful Christmas card, and very fab design.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen
    My goodness, these cards are absolutely fantastic. The serviette poinsettias are inspired! Wouldn't be without my Hougie as you have a box in a minute.
    Photos........frightening lol! The make up is worryingly gruesome hahaha!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen.

    Love the poinsettia too. I've just got the filigree one its superb. Ur costumes look great I bet u had loadsa fun x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every aspect of this card is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge this month. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete