Followers

Thursday 26 November 2015

No card today just a poem

Hello Everyone
I am not posting a card today, just a beautiful poem written by my OH. Today is a sad day for all of our family and son's friends. It is six years ago today that our son passed away. OH wrote this poem to place on his grave. I have to say that he writes the most fantastic poetry. They are always personalised and quite often, they make the recipient "well up"

Although we will be far away
our hearts are by your side
With trees, as they sway
and leaves that fall and glide
in the garden at the the zoo
where our darling son does lie
Our love for you is ever true
And we'll never say goodbye
For you are with us every day
No matter where we roam
for in our hearts you'll always stay
For that truly is your home

I'm going to add something that my mum used to say to us when we were kids at bedtime and I used to say to mine "Night, night. Sleep tight. See you in the morning"




5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such lovely words. Thinking of you, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful poem it speaks to the heart. Take care I will be thinking of you. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen,
    Love, prayers and hugs to you and all your family. What beautiful words your husband has written.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Thinking of you and your family as you try and remember the happy times amongst the sad.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen sorry for your loss but what a beautiful poem, I'm welling up just reading it.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete