Followers

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Simple CAS Birthday card

Hello everyone, thank you for popping by. Thank you for your kind words over the last few days. It was upsetting, especially for my OH who has had to deal with all of the legal side, but we/he is getting there. So, we had a lovely weekend afterall. I went shopping with my daughter on the Saturday. She actually needed to go to Hobbycraft - she does not craaft in any way shape or form! I couldn't turn down that opportunity! I bought some of my favourite knitting yarn, as I hadn't seen this particular colour, for another baby garment for my stash. we also looked at ideas for Christmas presents, in particular for my MIL. She loves to come to our little craft group but at 90 years old struggles to remember how to do things now. But she gets frustrated  at not doing something with her hands whilst we're there - silly I know. Daughter came up with an idea to buy a box frame and a bag of red different sized buttons. I make an outline of a heart to go into the frame that she literally covers with the buttons. Actually if any of you have ideas of which glue would be best, bearing in mind I daren't let her loose with a hot glue gun. I'm thinking Pinflair glue gel would be the best in the hope she may feel like doing it at home as well as at our craft night. She may need guidance at every sticking on each button, but it'll be a start. It is a real shame because she used to enjoy sewing, making costumes, knitting at crocheting. The four of us went dancing on the Sunday afternoon and had a takeaway at ours in the evening where we chatted and chatted and found out all about the holiday in Sharm.
Right, todays card is  a CAS cards, which I love. As this is for my aunt, I did add a bit of movement too with the butterfies

Ingredients
7x7 card blank
patterned vellum form my Lidl stash
SW Striplet -Everlasting Circles
SW Mini Striplet - Flights of Fancy - Butterflies
SPellbinders - Marissa's Bouquet - Butterflies
SW Noble Pierced Squares
Sentiment printed on Serif using a free font
CS - Phill Martin Twinkles - Chic Violet

Enjoy the rest of your week

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice saturday after all Karen.
    Beautiful card too, I love butterflies, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Karen, your card is stunning, love it.
    Sounds like you had fun with your daughter.
    Hugs
    Patrici xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    what a super card and wonderfully designed too.
    Those cute butterflies look so delicate and pretty.
    Yes I think Pinflair would be the best for buttons if as you say she can't use a hot glue gun.
    Maybe you could fill the syringe for her, and if you haven't got a few of the syringes let me know and I will send you some.
    Then you could fill them for her and let her play with the buttons.
    I buy my Pinflair from ebay because it's cheaper and there is no postage cost either you get 3 tubes for £13 but no syringes.
    It arrives in a couple of days too.
    In answer to your question on my blog yes I have bought the Tattered Lace Flash Drive, and have used it just once so far.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Karen what a gorgeous card and I love the colours and your design is wonderful

    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen this is a stunning card I love the design. It sounds like you had a very special day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Karen, I love this. The colours of the butterflies are stunning.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen well who needs lots if inks etc when you have your Lidl stash to turn to! Such a pretty card. Glad you were able to enjoy your weekend and what a nice idea you and your daughter have thought of. I would have thought tacky glue would be enough to hold the buttons secure and would be a lot easier for your mum in law to use. Perhaps have a try out first? Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, I love your card and design. Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card Karen I love the die and butterflies, a perfect combination.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete