Followers

Saturday 1 August 2015

Oldie for Ffffriday

Hello Everyone
I seriously cannot believe we're at Saturday again!
I had a brilliant day at the Victoria and Albert museum (the V&A dahling!) We spent 2 hours in just the Alexander McQueen exhibition. What an artist! The workmate (male) I went with couldn't believe he would be wowed by dresses! But they are works of art, not dresses. I hadn't realised that he had worked in Saville Row, so knew tailoring and also worked at Gieves & Hawkes where he learnt military tailoring. My friend wants to go back to the V&A and see more of the museum. I love it there. After all, it is the world's greatest museum of art and design. Entry to the museum is free - some exhibitions you do have to pay for and is worth booking in advance As a crafter it is well worth a visit http://www.vam.ac.uk 
Tonight I am going back into London - Camden to see the three voices of Los Van Van, a huge band from Cuba. I live about 30 minutes from Kings Cross. I should take advantage of going into London more often
Tomorrow afternoon (depending if I am still awake!) we will probably go to Rueda in the Park - Hyde Park or Salsa in Stevenage

Today's oldie is inspired by Erika here

It was my first "play" at making my own gilding wax. An Ali Reeve technique. You literally rub your finger in to furniture wax/polish (this was quite hard to source these days, everything is aerosol sprays!) and then gently dip finger into mica of choice. Pink was the first one I found! I was a bit heavy handed in places but you get the idea

The sun is shining and the wind has dropped. So a perfect day to craft! Hope the weather is being kind to you all and thank you for popping by

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a super evening planned.
    I'd like to bring my two to London and do the sights.
    I love your oldie, lovely colour and great technique. I've not tried that, it will need to go on my to have a go at list!
    Thanks for joining me sharing an oldie this week and enjoy your evening.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card Karen the colours are perfect.
    Sounds like you have been having a wonderful time recently good for you, have a great weekend too.
    with love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Love this, thanks for the information on home made gilding wax, I missed Ali doing that one.
    I've only been to the V & A once, but it was fantastic. Enjoy tomorrow, whatever you do.
    Love Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen I think we should call you Whirlwind! You have certainly packed a lot into a few days but good on you. I remember going to London once to the V and A should try and get there again. Not seen this technique from Ali before but very effective. Hope you enjoyed your dancing last night. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks as good as the real thing, lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    sorry I missed this, and what a wonderful technique.
    I love Ally reeve and her wonderful ideas.
    Seem to have missed this one though.
    Love your Oldie for Friday featuring this.
    The colour looks wonderful.
    Now I have a box of Rub on which act like gilding wax which I have had for at least 15 years I suppose they were the forerunner for gilding wax.
    I also have mica powders which are about a similar age, and they are very bright so I can't wait to try this.
    Watch my space for the try outs.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen, not a gilder waxer but you have done a good job here,
    like it. Glad you had such a great time in London!
    Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete