Followers

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Fuschia card

Hello Everyone
Thank you for popping by. the cards I needed to do are nearly all done! I must do one for my daughter's fiance. They have just had their postage stamp sized garden re done and he jokingly said that whilst they were plant shopping he saw a bonsai tree and fancied getting into that hobby. Sooo! guess what we've bought him as his birthday present. I've just got to keep it alive for the next week now! I think his birthday card will reflect that. It'll be a bit different from the usual football/Spurs cards I have made in the past.
Thank you for kind comments over the last week or so and value that you've taken the time to pop by. I've got another busy week for more cards to make but they'll be "tweaks" of ones I have made in the past, so I won't be spending tons of time wondering what to put/colours to use etc.
Today's card has been made for a friend that just loves fuchsias I don't have that lovely die set that Mrs Duck has showcased on her blog to create 3D versions but I found this lovely image and worked with that. The text etc was colour matched using Serif 

Ingredients
5x7 card blank
pink card from Lidll
background paper from a Serif digikit
Sue Wilson NY collection - Herald Square
Sue Wilson - Pierced Tags number 2 - no end cutting edge
Perfect Layers rulers for matting

P.S. Some dies I ordered on Saturday have arrived. Spellbinders Marissa's Bouquet and Poppystamps Forest Village as shown by Deb's here I'll be playing later! i just love the quirkiness (is that the word I'm looking for) of this die and can see me chopping and changing/paper piecing it for New Home cards as well as for Christmas cards

10 comments:

  1. Stunning Karen, I just love the simpleness of the design. It's so effective. Hazel,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Karen, that's beautiful, I love it.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Karen, see you won Julias card too, well done, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening Karen another really pretty card and the design is wonderful.

    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice un-fussy card Karen best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen,
    This is lovely, the colours are beautiful.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card Karen, love the colour combo, very striking.
    Hugs and happy crafting, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good with CAS cards sometimes, this is lovely !
    hugs Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen
    I'm back again lol!
    Thank you for your kind mention. Its just a rose die that I use so if you have something similar, you're good to go.
    Now your fuchsia is a beauty. Stunning colours and so vibrant. Love it!
    Good luck with the bonsai. They're tricky little dudes. I'll stick with my orchids lol!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen,
    beautiful, beautiful card.
    I love fuchsias so this is really my kind of card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete