Followers

Saturday 30 May 2015

Oldie for Friday

Hello Everyone
Yes I know it's Saturday! I don't post on Fridays as I can usually be too busy with work, housework etc  
I have visited Erika's blog a few times and love it. See here  I thought I'd try and play along on Saturdays. I made this card for a very good friend last year (I have got older stuff but this is the first one I found in my vault of folders I thought warranted a place). I have since been asked to make a few more similar ones for other friends. My "thang" is to make personalised cards and never make the same card twice - I "tweak" them, for example change the colours, use a slightly different background, the wording etc
Ingredients
5x7 card blank
Serif digikit (one of the butterfly or aviary collection with extra butterflies "stamped onto one of the backgrounds)
Spellbinder Les Papillon and Lacy Accents border
Lidll card stock

Talking of Lidll I wasn't able to get any of the card and kits on Thursday! I just hope there is some left on Monday afternoon. I have a GP appointment after work and won't be able to get there until about 4pm. The only good thing (I suppose) is that it is all advertised under the children's section...
Have a great week end. Nothing much planned for me. Husband is working, then he's going to watch the FA cup with friends from his workplace So the TV remote is all mine and I'll be able to craft to my hearts content...knitting, colouring in, card making, scrap booking, crochet... Yay!
Might do a bit of Salsa dancing tomorrow afternoon. 
See you Tuesday
Take care
xx


8 comments:

  1. You have done a great job on this, looks lovely, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Karen. I completely for got about the card at lidls lol!

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Karen and like you I love the fact we can make personalised cards but just 'tweak' them very slightly xx you make me feel tired listening to what you are going to fit into the weekend, but enjoy xx wish my knees were up to Salsa dancing but I think I would be hobbling around for a fair, few days after!! xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen what a pretty card I love the butterfly and the colours and the design a\re wonderful.
    Debs xx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen
    Just popping by.
    Lovely card. You make serif look very good.
    Lovely soft effect behind the butterflies.
    Still have 7 packs of Lidl card from before so better not indulge.
    Good luck.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Karen very pretty and subtle butterflies on your card and as you say useful for tweaking to suit the recipient. Hope you had a nice afternoon yesterday whole hubby was watching the footie. Enjoy your dancing! best wishes Jackie x ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. I try not to make the same card twice &ike you-try and make ordered cards as special and unique as possible.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen, thanks for sharing an oldie with us, sorry for the late reply. I love your card, what's not to love when it comes to butterflies? In my eyes you can't go wrong.
    I hope you manage to get your paper later today.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete