Followers

Thursday 14 May 2015

Mother in Law's Birthday card

Hello and thank you for popping in. I do appreciate it.

Congratulations to Michele and the safe arrival of Liam
Thank you Jenny L for the tips on how to find up to date "stuff" on blogs
Thank you Patricia, I am going on the hunt for shoe templates

Today's card was inspired by Window Boxes by Craftwork Cards See here
I have contacted them a couple of times asking if it's OK to show it and I never got a reply. So I'm hoping I am not breaching any copyrights.
Her 90th birthday was in February and this week end we are taking her away. her birthday present from us, my SIL and my daughter. So with partners that's 7 of us!

I made an easel card, marking the centre and then cutting a semicircle in the centre of this mark before folding card in half. The semicircle then pops up! The front part is then folded in half again to form the easel. Decorated the semicircle with various colours of flowers etc

Ingredients
10x7" white card to form card base (finished card fits into 5x7 envelope)
Patterned papers
SW lattice background
SW Daisies
Toinc Petal Pairs
Tonic Trailing Ivy
Distress Ink Antique Linen 
Spellbinder Deckle die
SW 3D bow strip to help stopper
Pearls for bling

I'm scheduling Saturday's post because I don't know what the internet connection will be like. I've still got to finish OH's card to take with us!! have a great weekend everyone
xx




8 comments:

  1. Can't see why they would object Karen.
    I just LOVE your beautiful card it's stunning. Bet your MIL was over the moon with it.
    Enjoy your time away, have fun.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    Wow! Gorgeous card, love the design you are clever.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card-you should send it into Craftwork cards blog as it will probably get featured & you might win something.

    Enjoy your weekend away.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    oh this so lovely.
    What a very fab design,and such pretty flowers.
    I bet she was thrilled with it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    This is so beautiful, and I love the design.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen this is lovely and I'm sure your MIL loved it xx have a fab weekend wherever you are off too - how lovely that she still wants to do things like that - although my FIL is 94 yrs and one of his sons lives in France and he now has us on the case to help him sort a passport out as he wants to visit!! He says there is nothing to stop him now as he used to visit my MIL every day in the NH except for Saturday's - bless him I'm sure we will be waving him off in the not too distant future from one of our local airports!! Xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Karen and how can Craft work Cards complain when you show such creations. I hope you all have a super weekend together. Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen
    Coooo, this is fantabulous! So pretty. Reminds me of my plant pot cards. I bet MiL loved it.
    Enjoy your break away making some precious family memories.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete