Followers

Thursday 21 May 2015

Lyra...Simple but so stunning

Hello All
Thank you for popping in I say it time and time again but I am so grateful that you take the time to visit. I am in awe of all of your talent
Mrs Duck - I know exactly what you mean by husbands being a different type of artist. My husband practices that one a lot!
Jackie Durrant - I had a similar problem with a SW embossing folder. Fortunately my GC did not make an awful noise but it was mighty hard trying to get it through the machine. I mentioned this to Sue and she suggested substituting the pink plate for the base plate (+ raspberry plate)

Today's card is a "go to" card that I have a couple on stand by. My husband has a habit of asking if I have a card he can use at about 11pm - needed for the following day. At least that gives me enough time to add a personalised sentiment!


Not quite an Izzy bag!
Ingredients
Cream and brown card - Liddl
SW Gemini die - Lyra

Here is a photo of some of the very simple cards my MIL has made using Craftworks Candi. It was the members gift on C&C. She loves it. I'd bought her a Hunky Dory kit in the past but found it a bit fiddly for 90 years young in that it was the create a pop up flower kit. It involved a lot of folding and glue-ing



11 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely-perfect for having in stock, waiting for a sentiment. The cards your MIL has made are beautiful-i'd love to be sent any of them!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Karen, love it.
    Love those little cards as well, all very effective.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Card Karen and the small cards are lovely.
    Debs xx{Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, love your card, simple but very effective. Those little cards are beautiful, I love making these. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Karen, so elegant. You MIL did a good job on those candy cards, I got this kit too but have only made one card from it lol!

    Have a great day

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen and thanks for your reply. I understand it will be one of the cogs that is rattling around inside but it still works ok thank goodness. Love what you have done with the Lyra die makes a suitable standby card. I also have the members kit still in the envelope! Perhaps a sit in the garden with this kit is a possibility this weekend. Best wishes Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    Love your card, I think I must get the Lyra die, it's so gorgeous. Unfortunately other dies keep getting in the way lol.
    I got that set as well and have made a few as quick "go to" cards for my granddaughters to give to friend's mothers or Brown Owl etc. I've added stamps, etc and they look quite good. Your MIL must be proud of her creations.
    Enjoy tomorrow
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    wonderful creation today, and the colour is fab.
    I am so glad my hubby doesn't ask for a card the night before, although my daughter sometimes gives me a few days notice.
    Your MIL cards are super, and a wonderful design.
    I sometimes forget about the C&C club gift, and would have loved this one.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen - your Lyra card is fab and like you say a great card for a standby!! your MIL's cards are truly lovely and good for her that she still wants to make them - I bet she gets as much pleasure from making them as the recipients xx have a good weekend xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A simple but oh so sophisticated card - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, love the swirling die on this card, great colour combo too.
    It looks like your MIL has been super busy too, a great group of CAS cards.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete