Followers

Thursday 9 March 2017

Playing with Serif and ScanNCut

Ihpe that you are  all well. I am still suffering with a sore throat and cough. The cough has been around for about 7 weeks now and after a couple of courses of antibiotics I am now being sent for breathing tests for possibly asthma. It leaves me feeling just exhausted and washed out.

Anyway, today' card was made for a friend of mine who is a drummer. I decided to pay with Serif and found a copyright free image of this sketchy set of drums. I took it into Photo Lab on Serif and used that to cut it out "away" from it's background. It took me a couple of attempts trying to get in between the cymbal stand etc. I love how I managed to cut the middle out of the bass drum. To brighten it up a little, I decided to add a mat of red. Now, I'm a real newbie to the ScanNCut. If I remember rightly, this was my first attempts at using it. The mats were cut and the guy's name was cut in ScanNCut using basic patterns stored in my CM 300. I am beginning to get a little more adventurous as my previous post shows and "playing" in "canvas". The "Happy Birthday is a die cut using a Presscuts Die Too

Ingredients
6x6 card blank
Red card - Lidll
Black card - The Range
Everything else described as above

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a stunning card. Well done for persevering with the ScanNcut I hardly use mine. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the red, white and black together with the musical elements!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous Karen, I dont have patience to play around with things like you do, well worth it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great male card. I wish I could do that clever stuff! Sorry to hear you're still suffering Karen. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    Your customised cards are always fantastic.
    I'm sure your friend loved this.
    Sorry to hear you're still suffering. Hope the tests go well.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete