Followers

Thursday 6 April 2017

Craft Rocket Challenges #36

Hello Everyone
Thank you for taking the time to visit and if you're able to leave a comment, I appreciate it very much

Today sees the start of a new challenge at Craft Rocket Challenges which has changed to monthly now and this challenge's theme is Inspired by a movie or a book. At first I wasn't sure which avenue to explore - Dirty Dancing, Great Gatsby, Star Wars, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella etc etc. I decided to use the film "Rocky" as my choice. Coincidentally, I was asked to make a card for somebody that loves boxing and this is what I came up with. I printed a few pages of the Queensbury boxing rules which I tore into pieces and randomly stuck over my card as a background after shading the edges with some Vintage Photo Distress ink. I decoupaged the boxing gloves on top using a piece of twine as the laces. I hope you like it and maybe join in the challenge.

This is my last card as part of the Design team for Craft Rocket Challenges. It was a hard decision but I have decided to leave mainly because life is just so busy at the moment with work and i also got to a point that I wasn't doing craft for my own purposes (selfish I know!). I have lots of projects in my head that I just don't seem to get the time to start. For instance, I need to still sort through some of my mum's photos and jewellery and create a box frame using a favourite photograph and her jewellery. I would like to do some photo books (using serif of course) of recent holidays. I also started a "photo diary/journal" of events we have been to that needs bringing up to date. Plus I have a beautiful grandson that I love to play with. The list is endless

Take care
xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a brilliant card I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    oh that is a pity about you having to give up your DT duties, but as you say if you work for a living and lead a full life then it must take a back step for what you want to do.
    The box frame with your Mum's photo and jewellery items sounds wonderful.
    This card is so very brilliant and wonderfully created.
    Such a super and lovely design also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. I totally understand about needing time to craft for yourself. Take care, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a card Karen. Can quite understand your decision all I seem to do is lurch from one thing to another to keep on top of things and no time for myself in between!! Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous last card. Hope you will find the time to do all the things you want to do. The door will always be open if you wish to return to the team at anytime. Thank you for being such a fantastic DT Member. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    As usual, a brilliant personalised card. I'm sure the challenge will be sad to see you go from the DT but sometimes real life has to come first.
    Enjoy Ally Pally. Sadly, won't be there this time as still recovering from "Fryday"(3 weeks today and still in rhythm, touch wood) but keeping everything crossed for September.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete