Followers

Thursday 13 April 2017

Ally Pally buys! and a card inspired by something I saw at Ally Pally

Hello Everyone

I thought I'd show you my purchases from Ally Pally. I thoroughly enjoy this Craft show. I met up for lunch with some ladies that visit this blog Cotswold Crafter where we could have sat and chatted all day! We don't meet very oftn but because of our love for craft and chat on the blogs, it was like meeting old friends. There were a few bargains to be had as described below. I like to watch the demonstrators at work and to see their cards that have been shown on their blogs. Everyone is so friendly and they always have time to chat and show techniques etc They make you feel very welcome to ask questions and help you out
Two frames from Every Crafts a Pound £1 each
CE mounting cushion - one of my most expensive buys! It'll be used for very special cards. John Lockwood "sold" thisto me when he showed it on Hochanda. It is made of plastic, which means you can cut it into very narrow strips with ordinary scissors and will not gum the scissors up. If you put it down in the wrong place you can lift it off the card and replace it. It easily goes around circles etc
3x new colours of Pixie Powders £7.50
6x Tonic Nuvo drops £10
Teacup die £3
Water brushes and sprayer £5.90
Glitter jewels
Red liner tape 50p each
Sue Wilson New Addition Accessory dies £5.20
Pearls £1 each
CE Infinity Embossing folder £4.99
There may have been better bargains than this but I was happy to have paid what I paid!

The card!
There was a lovely lady demoing on the Imkylicious stand where she did a paint effect and just stamped in black on top - some she heat embossed, some she didn't. I wish I had taken photos. 
I had made a few backgrounds with Pixie Powders that were just lie-ing around. I really didn't have a clue what to use them for. I was just enjoying "playing" I found these two images on Serif and Yay! my printer accepted the water colour card. It was all done purely by chance. I will try this again and use PP on a tiny area and use images on just part of the coloured piece, eg just the rose bud. I have several images that would suit , flowers, ladies, hats, just loads thinking about it! I used one of the new colours of Nuvo drops I bought
I used Sue wilson back ground die by cutting it in one direction and and then replacing the card in to make another cut to make the a narrower piece if you see what I mean!

Happy Easter everyone!My husband will be working all of the week end and so will feel like an "ordinary" week end for me but no doubt I will be partaking in eating a little chocolate to celebrate


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a lovely day Karen. Lovely to see what you bought. I was also there on Saturday. What a shame we didn't meet up. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi karen,
    so glad you had a lovely day, and your purchases are brilliant.
    Your card is very pretty and the pixie powers look so lovely too.
    Great image of the wonderful rose.
    So sorry your hubby has to work over Easter.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your buys Karen, I so missed going, although I dont have much time for shopping when there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card I love it the rose is so pretty. You bought lots of lovely new stash. I did try to be a bit restrained with my shopping this year. Have a great Easter I am sorry your husband will be working. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen wow what a lovely lot of goodies. Those frames for £1 - brilliant. Love what you have done with your playing around. I have quite a few I have done with Brusho just waiting to be made into something so perhaps they may see the light of day soon - just a matter of where did I put them!! Hope you have a nice weekend despite hubby working. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    A fantastic haul of goodies. I use the Simply Create pearls too. You can get them at £1 in Hobbycraft and The Range too when You run out (although if they're the 3mm ones, there's over 1000 in A pack lol!).
    Happy Easter.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete