Followers

Saturday 21 January 2017

My oldie for Saturday

Hello Everyone, thanks for visiting and if you leave a comment I do value your feedback. The weather here is very sunny but mighty cold I expect.  I say expect because I haven't ventured out since Tuesday because I've had a really nasty, heavy head cold. But (fingers crossed) I think I am over the worst of it.
Today's oldie is a card that I have made several versions of for my crafty friends. Those that knit have a page from a knitting pattern (photocopied), quilters have a paper pieced background and "sewists" have a an image of a dress pattern! The shaker elements are sequins, beads, tiny safety pins, press studs etc. with appropriate embellishments
The sentiment inside this particular one read
"I knit, therefore I am armed with scissors, two very sharp sticks and some very strong yarn. So don't mess with me"
I'm going to have a very quiet week end to see if I can shake this cold off completely - I don't want it to end up as a naty chest infection!

Ingredients
7x7 card blank
card and knitting pattern from my stash
Tonic Circle dies
X-cut Haberdashery dies
beads and buttons etc


7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card I love shaker car and the sewing elements are such a good idea. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,
    what a very superb card, and such a very superb design too.
    This is so fab for a person that sews or kinits as it would be very much appreciated I'm sure.
    I love all your crafty dies used they are fab.
    I had that cold before Christmas and it sure was a nasty one.
    So I do hope you are feeling better soon.
    Love and big hus to help.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry that should have read hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen love all the "bits" you have added to the card and the verse is great. Hope you feel a lot better by tomorrow. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fun, every item on here fits the theme, and you've arranged everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen
    Brilliant card for someone with that type of hobby.
    Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Hope that you feel much better soon chuck.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic cards. Great design ideas. A very unique shaker. I love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete