Followers

Thursday 1 December 2016

My take on an alcohol ink technique

Dear All
Thank you for your lovely comments on Saturday. It was a hard day BUT although we shed some tears, we also shared some happy times we'd had with Gary. Saturday was the day Santa arrived at the zoo which made us smile seeing all of the excited children waiting to greet him and have a "special" ride in his carriage. We bumped into a friend of ours, whose son loves visiting the zoo, especially "Simba"! It reminded us of when Gary used to bring a reindeer to our local town centre for the children to stroke and have their pictures taken with the reindeer. We smiled because Gary enjoyed doing this - his favourite bit was the lovely lunch and being fussed over by the volunteers of a local charity shop that looked after them. He took his job very seriously and ensured each child got the chance to "pet" the reindeer. One of many happy times.

Today's card I made for a friend and it is a real cheat on a technique I have seen on Sue Wilson's blog here
My version was made using the same die for the focal part BUT I created my "alcohol background" in Serif and printed it on glossy photographic paper.

Hope the rest of the week is kind to you all. I have today and tomorrow off work to make my Christmas cards and a gift of a clock from Indigo Blue. I needed the discipline of setting aside a couple of days to do only this - other jobs and cards will have to wait! I do have Craft Club later where we'll chat and laugh and I'll take along some knitting.

Ingredients
6x6 card blank
Serif - Psychedelic
free font - Beyond Wonderland played around with in Serif
Yellow/mustard card from stash

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen what a beautiful colourful card. I love the die too.
    You day at the zoo on Saturday must have been difficult, your son sounds as if he really made his mark in the zoo community. A proud moment for you. x
    My boy too loves animals and always wanted to be a zoo keeper from two till he hit 17, now he is hopping about undecided what he wants.

    Take care, big hugs, Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen this is a stunning card. I love the idea for creating the background. I do have this die but sadly I have never used it. It sounds like you had a good day at the zoo even if it was difficult. You have some lovely memories. Thank you for sharing them. You son must have been very special. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the stained glass window look on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Smashing card. Very effective in looking like its done with inks. Lovely and vibrant.
    It's lovely that you have somewhere to go as a family and think of Gary in such a positive and proud way, knowing that he truly loved what he did.
    Good luck with the cards and clock.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete