Followers

Saturday 10 December 2016

My oldie for Fffriday

Hello Everyone
If any of you visited on Thursday I am sorry I didn't post anything. I was having huge problems with internet access
Today's oldie is not one of my projects but an "old" genuine Banksy which I saw on the walking tour of street art I did last Saturday in Shoreditch. It was absolutely brilliant. Our guide Daphne was superb. I cannot praise her enough. It lasted four hours - some mid week ones are only two hours long. See Erika blog for details on showing off your oldies

I took hundreds of photos. Here are a few more. Most Street Art is illegal, so it was really beneficial to hear the struggles they went to do do some of their pieces. The No Entry sign is tape. If the council don't like it they can just peel it off. The same with the chewing gum. A few of the "famous artists are now commissioned to do pieces



A piece of altered chewing gum. 
I am going to take a break from blogging now. So I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, prosperous 2017 and see you then
Karen
xxxx







3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen your photos are amazing. That tour sounds fantastic. I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen
    I do have to chuckle that what was once graffiti is now called street art lol!!! Still, some of it it brilliant.
    Hope you enjoy Oscar's first Christmas and the festivities.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen, love the photos. I'm just back from a break so missed this before.

    Wishing you and your family a happy and peaceful Christmas. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete