Followers

Friday 13 May 2016

Oldie for Fffriday

Hello Everyone and thank you for popping in and welcome to BARB for hitting the follow button. I hope I haven't left anyone out. If you can leave a comment, I appreciate it and love to read your thoughts. I am posting an oldie today as inspired by Erika at Snappycrafts it is your opportunity to share and old project of any kind. I happened to be in New York last Sunday (confession time, yes I've been on holiday, hence the scheduled posts. I don't like to advertise that the house is empty) and it was their day to celebrate Mothers Day. The "mothers" at the Empire State Building wore flowers in their lapels. So I thought I'd show an old card I made for a crafty friend a couple of years ago. It is using one of the first dies I bought. She makes the most exquisite sugar flowers as well as dressmaking, patchwork, jewellery making. I didn't know her very well at the time and would normally make a personalised card. But to keep in with the crafting mode, some of the flowers are buttons, die cuts and press studs. The rest are digital images from a Serif kit.
What are your plans over the week end? My laptop is going to "hospital", something I've been meaning to do for weeks as it keeps switching off - it's overheating. I have scheduled a couple of posts but if I am missing you will know why. I had an upsetting call, supposedly from "Windows" which I know was a scam but it did unsettle me when he threatened to close my Windows system. It spurred me on to get my techy friend to clean/repair it.
Will be having lunch with my new grandson, daughter and MIL on Monday as it's my husband's birthday on Monday. We'll probably go dancing Sunday afternoon and husband is working Saturday - more crafting for me! have a great week end everyone

Ingredients
DL card blank
Brown card stock from stash - probably Core'dinations
Serif - digikit - Knitty Gritty
Spellbinders D-Lites vase
Sue Wilson Finishing Touches - Closed daisies
Press studs
Buttons


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I have that vase die you have inspired me to get it out again. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and great use of buttons. I like to play along with the Microsoft calls, "you need me to be by the computer, hang on it takes me a long time to get up the stairs etc etc " I figure the longer I keep them on the phone the less time they have to try and scam someone else. Have a good weekend, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card with that pretty vase and the button flowers! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen
    Pretty oldie. Hope you get your laptop sorted. All this cyber crime stuff is shocking isn't it?
    See you when you're back.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I hope you had a great time in NY?
    As for computers we love them/we hate them but we couldn't be without them. It is a real pain when they aren't working properly, hope you get yours sorted.

    Thanks for joining me sharing an oldie this weekend, sorry I'm late getting to you. It was one of those kinds of weekends, busy, busy, busy.
    Your vase and flowers are lovely. A great colour combo.

    I hope you enjoyed your weekend too?
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen, sorry I'm a bit late getting round. Belated Birthday Wishes to your Hubby for Monday and I hope you all had a wonderful time.

    A really pretty card and I love that vase. Lovely button flowers too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete